If your idea of a perfect beach vacation is spending a week inside a mammoth high-rise hotel and fighting highway traffic to the nearest all-you-can-eat buffet, then a Wrightsville Beach vacation rental is probably not for you.
People vacation at Wrightsville Beach to escape the ordinary and experience true coastal living in our diverse mix of down-home to down-right luxurious vacation homes. Wrightsville Beach is a unique place where cosmopolitan-style meets coastal village charm. There is no place like it in the Southeast.
There are also plenty of ways to be active on land as well. Wrightsville Beach is known for “The Loop”, a 2.45 mile path that surrounds public parks, the intracoastal waterway and beautiful scenic marshes. The Loop is enjoyed by locals, visitors and even man’s best friend. Wrightsville Beach is also a favorite destination of running clubs and cycling groups. The public park is the heart of the island and features 4 hard surface tennis courts, several sand volleyball courts, children’s playground, softball fields, soccer fields, and basketball courts. On Wrightsville Beach, including the Harbor Island area, you will find many great places to shop and dine. Wrightsville Beach boasts a seemingly endless supply of great restaurants. Many locals in the area argue that Wrightsville Beach has become the culinary center of Eastern North Carolina. Whether you are in the mood for coastal-style comfort-food or craving a fine-dining experience overlooking the intracoastal waterway, your appetite is sure to be pleased. Also close by are Lumina Station and Mayfaire Town Center, each boasting an abundance of shopping and dining options. Several restaurants on the Intracoastal Waterway accommodate boat access. There is so much to do if you so choose. Or just simply relax and enjoy the laid-back island atmosphere.
Wrightsville Beach after dark offers an array of venues to hit the dance floor, listen to live music, drink a local brew or savor your favorite mixed drink.
There is no question that Wrightsville Beach is a premier beach vacation destination in the Carolinas. Book your Wrightsville Beach vacation rental today.
Basic information about Wrightsville Beach Island
- Beach Accesses - Lumina Avenue runs parallel to the Atlantic Ocean; all other streets are perpendicular to the ocean and serve as public beach accesses. Pay parking is available on these sides streets and several public accesses are strategically located on the north end of the island with adjacent pay parking.
- Dining - Wrightsville Beach and Harbour Island have great restaurants - for both land lubbers and sea farers alike. Lumina Station (5 minutes) and Mayfaire and The Forum (10 minutes) offer additional restaurants. Restaurants on the Intracoastal Waterway allow for boat parking.
- Shopping, General - Locally owned gift stores are primarily located in the central business district of Wrightsville Beach. Lumina Station (5 minutes) and Mayfaire and The Forum (10 minutes) have more specialty stores.
- Shopping, Grocery - The island has one locally-owned grocery store. The Galleria (5 minutes) and Mayfaire (10 minutes) have larger grocery stores.
- Towns - Wrightsville Beach has one municipality: Town of Wrightsville Beach.
Attractions to visit while you are vacationing in Wrightsville Beach include:
- Airlie Gardens - A quintessential Southern gardens with 10 acres of freshwater lakes and 67 acres of gardens. Features include azaleas, camellias, statuary and the Historic Airlie Oak.
- "The Loop" - The Loop is a 2.45 mile walkway that encompasses all of Wrightsville Beach. It's perfect for walking and/or jogging.
- Wrightsville Beach Museum of History - The Museum is designed to reflect how life was lived in a typical home on the Beach, and throughout the community. The turn of the century Myers Cottage houses was relocated from off the beach to its current location to house the museum.
- Wrightsville Beach Park - provide services and leisure opportunities that will contribute significantly toward the physical, social, and emotional well being of the community. Facilities include tennis courts, playground, and fields.
Where can I find vacation rentals in Wrightsville Beach?
Intracoastal Rentals has more than 100 vacation rentals in Wrightsville Beach to choose from! Browse our vast selection of homes and condos to find the rental that's perfect for your trip to Wrightsville. Whether you're looking for an oceanfront rental, a rental with a dock, or a pet-friendly rental, we've got a property to meet your needs.
What is there to do on vacation in Wrightsville Beach?
Shopping, dining, and exploring the beaches are some of the more popular activities on Wrightsville Beach. It is also just a short drive from all of the exciting attractions Wilmington has to offer. Check out our things to do guide for some of our favorite pastimes around Wrightsville Beach.
When is the best time to visit Wrightsville Beach?
Summer is the most popular time to visit Wrightsville Beach, however, it is a great vacation spot year-round! If you like the beaches when they're less crowded, then you might actually prefer to visit in the off-season months. The weather can get cool in the winter but rarely does it get too cold to go explore the beaches.